In my lifetime I have always stood up for my beliefs. Doing so has not always been the popular course of action, the politically correct course of action nor in some instances the one that would endear me to the masses. Doing so has however allowed me to keep my sanity, stay balanced & stay focused on the rest of my life and to be able to live with myself..
Recently a Net-friend told me that I am causing him pain because I support eradicating the fundamentalist, radical Moslems who are perpetuating this asinine war of terrorism across the globe. I do not support the shady or Illegal actions of my government but we have a process to take of that in this country. It is not a fast process but it works if allowed to develop & proceed.
Let me say that I do not believe that all Muslims are involved in this anti-Western culture action. I know full well that less than 3% of all Muslims are supporting such actions or are actively involved in them. Having stated that let me go a bit further by saying that in my work I have worked in many Islamic nations. I have a great many friends who are followers of Islam. The vast majority of Islam does not condone nor support the acts of the radical few.
My contention is that when I see a photo or a news clip showing Muslims carrying signs saying things like, “Destroy the great Satan USA!” “Death to all who oppose the jihad!” and the like I am allowed to feel anger, feel revulsion & wish to confront these perverters of their own faith! Basically Islam is religion of peace & tranquility. It is mired down in a medieval set of social customs but by & large it is a peaceful religion. Certain people such a the Ayatollah Khomeini & his ilk have perverted their faith. Their followers have further perverted it. This nothing new. It happened in Judaism many centuries ago & if one believes the Hassidim, is still happening among the Jews of the world. We are all familiar with the various schisms of Christianity that began with the split between Orthodox & Roman Catholicism was further perverted by the Protestants & Catholics during the Reformation & continues today in some small spheres of the Christian community.
I do not apologize for my stand against the Jihadists of today! I rebuke them, I despise them & I would never give in to them. Recently Britain backed down to pressure from the Islamic community at the instigation of the radical Islamic element. This was wrong. I do not agree with the British stand on this. The way to defeat a bully is to stand up to him & keep doping so until he gets the message & quits. I have very good friend who is a Muslim Imam in Istanbul. He is against the current radicalism in Islam but he & his family have been threatened by the extremists with death if he speaks out publicly against the Jihadists. This is so wrong!
My stand is my stand. I will not back down until & unless someone shows me a reasonable reason to do so. I have an open mind but I also have thinking & decisive mind as well as that streak of maverick that makes me a an American.
What do think? Should we give in just to appease some misguided or perverted outlook of a single religion? I vote …NO!
No comments:
Post a Comment